Christian Coaching is all about helping people get from where they are in their life to where they want to get to. If everyone is being honest with themselves, we could all do with improving an area or two of our lives. Everyone knows what to do in life to become more successful but they don’t do what they know.
It is a Christian Coach’s job to help people get what they want in life in by breaking down the barriers that people impose on themselves. Christian coaches serve their clients through the love of Jesus Christ in a faith-based, Biblical approach.
A Christian Coach helps you work on various areas of your business and life :
Confidence and Self Esteem
- Feel good about yourself because God doesn’t make mistakes
- Remove the self doubt fostered by listening to the wrong voices.
- Meet new people and feel confident in various social situations.
- Gain the confidence and esteem to speak in front of groups.
Career and Vocational
- Know what career is for you through inventories and assessments.
- Get a better job or promotion through understanding your assets.
- Do your existing job better by flowing as a good team player.
- Discover if you are meant to start your own business and go it alone.
Business and Professial
- Help you set biblically congruent career and business goals and diligently reach those goals.
- Help you to do more than you would have done on your own.
- Help you focus better so you can more quickly and easily produce desired results.
- Provide you with the tools, new skills, strategies, support and structure to accomplish more.
- Be a caring, forthright confidant, encourager and accountability partner.
Marriage and Relationships
- Develop listening skills and improve your couple communication.
- Work through problems with your spouse before they grow larger.
- How to get through tough times and restore intimacy and trust.
- Build stronger bonds by learning to value each other’s strengths.
Health and Fitness
- Improve your health and feel better by implementing a workable plan.
- Reduce stress with a smarter lifestyle and relaxation techniques.
- Enjoy the personal benefits of having a coaching accountability partner.
- Experience sustainable weight loss by learning how to think healthy.
Dreams and Goals
- Accomplish significant life goals through strategizing and catalyzing.
- Work out what you want from life and what God wants from your life.
- Become driven towards a unique life purpose with intentional direction.
- Get permission to dream faith-sized dreams that are life changing.
Money and Finances
- Challenge your beliefs towards money and finances before it’s too late.
- Learn how to grow your assets in a program of saving and investing.
- Study Biblical principles and become a good steward of your resources.
- Work out and stick to family budgets effectively and consistently
Optimize and Organize
- Become more organized with patient assistance and planning.
- Manage your time effectively by discovering where it’s being wasted.
- Rediscover your values and motivators that fuel your inner passion.
- Remove the clutter and people that bog you down and hold you back.
The role of a Christian Coach…….
Rather than actually TELLING someone the answers, a Coach is the catalyst for getting a client to find the answers themselves. By asking challenging and thought provoking questions, a Life Coach can unlock the potential in a client.
Coaching is forward looking and focused on the action you are willing to take to get what you want out of life.
Sometimes you just can’t see the forest for the trees! You so are wrapped up in everyday life that indeed life just passes you by! Well, coaching enables you to see different alternatives and to take a step back and actually examine your life and all of it’s component parts. This in turn leads to greater self-awareness, focus and accountability.
- A faith-based life coach is . . .
- Your own personal life trainer to enable you to achieve your goals.
- Your champion and cheerleader during a turnaround.
- Your trainer in communication and life skills.
- Your sounding board when making important choices.
- Your motivation when strong actions are called for.
- Your unconditional support when you take a hit.
- Your companion in personal self development.
- Your co-designer when creating an extraordinary project.
- Your beacon and friend during stormy times.
- Your wake-up call if you don’t hear your own.
- Your partner in helping you have all of what matters most to you.
How does coaching work?
You now know what coaching actually is, so how does it work? Christian coaching can be sessions in person, sessions on the telephone, sessions using email, group coaching sessions in person, or group coaching over the telephone (teleclass).online meeting, IM or facetime.
During each coaching session the coach and the client will discuss and explore the clients’ journey including their goals, wins, challenges, and opportunities, as well as develop fieldwork for the coming week.
Fieldwork isn’t like the homework you were assigned in school. It consists of action steps to move you closer toward your goals and dreams. The client brings the agenda and the coach brings the coaching skills to create a partnership that moves the client forward. The client and the life coach schedule coaching sessions that are usually weekly, lasting from a half-hour to an hour.
Sessions may be focused on one specific goal or challenge that the client is facing, or on a much broader set of personal or professional issues. Your life can be powerfully changed through Christian life coaching.